I've written about home schooling before (it happened to be my very first post.) However, this young man does a much more entertaining and concise job of explaining homeschooling and debunking a few of its myths. Seven of them, to be exact.
Here's just a few of his best quotes, in case you don't have time to watch his hilarious take on it:
- "Homeschooled??! So does that mean you're a genius or an idiot?"
- "Yeah, well that explains your outfit." :-D
- "But think about how nice that sounds...living in a world where you don't know who Lady Gaga is..."
- "If being sheltered from sex, drugs and alcohol when I was in middle-school makes me sheltered...then YES, I was sheltered!"
- "People hear 'home school' and they think you live on a farm...or the wilderness...or in a log cabin. Just anywhere that's an hour away from a Wal-Mart."
- "Homeschoolers have no life?? Let me get this straight. You're the one who spends 8 hours a day in a specific classroom, at a specific time...EVERY day...and I'M the one who has no life??!!....Heck no! My life is AWESOME!"
- "Homeschoolers do school in their pajamas. This isn't so much of a lie as it is a reality...but it is the very, very best thing about being homeschooled." ;-)
This was a good reminder for me. Sure...we have our quirks...but we've also got some awesome perks.