Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Needed That

Sometimes we just need a laugh. A good laugh at ourselves is one of the best. After doing this homeschooling thing for 20 years now, I find myself getting disillusioned and tired of it at times...many times, in fact. Thus, the need for a good laugh.
I've written about home schooling before (it happened to be my very first post.) However, this young man does a much more entertaining and concise job of explaining homeschooling and debunking a few of its myths. Seven of them, to be exact.

Here's just a few of his best quotes, in case you don't have time to watch his hilarious take on it:

  • "Homeschooled??! So does that mean you're a genius or an idiot?"
  • "Yeah, well that explains your outfit."  :-D
  • "But think about how nice that sounds...living in a world where you don't know who Lady Gaga is..."
  • "If being sheltered from sex, drugs and alcohol when I was in middle-school makes me sheltered...then YES, I was sheltered!"
  • "People hear 'home school' and they think you live on a farm...or the wilderness...or in a log cabin. Just anywhere that's an hour away from a Wal-Mart."
  • "Homeschoolers have no life?? Let me get this straight. You're the one who spends 8 hours a day in a specific classroom, at a specific time...EVERY day...and I'M the one who has no life??!!....Heck no! My life is AWESOME!"
  • "Homeschoolers do school in their pajamas. This isn't so much of a lie as it is a reality...but it is the very, very best thing about being homeschooled."  ;-)
This was a good reminder for me. Sure...we have our quirks...but we've also got some awesome perks.

No comments: