Tuesday, February 08, 2011

What I learned from the Super Bowl Ads...

I believe I can honestly say, in the days following the big game, I've seen more reports and articles about the Super Bowl commercials than about the actual Super Bowl.  I always enjoy watching the Super Bowl commercials (usually more than the game itself) but now with my job, I find myself paying more and more attention to all kinds of advertisements in order to see what I can learn from them.

Did I learn anything from all of those millions upon millions of dollars in advertising that I watched on Super Bowl Sunday?  Yes, I believe I did.  Did I learn anything valuable?  Probably not...but here's a quick summary:
  • My husband got gypped when he bought a Ford truck.  Apparently with a Chevy, I'd get a built-in babysitter for my little mischievous boy.
  • Speaking of the boy - he and his little friends would be even more adorable when they try to use the force if they had Darth Vader costumes.
  • GoDaddy does NOT look like a good place for daddy's to go. 
  • I think like Ozzy Osbourne? ("What's a Bieber?")  Wow, didn't see that coming.
  • I've lost respect for Harrison Ford.  I mean, are you serious...an old man, as a cowboy in the old west, shooting blasters at aliens while riding his horse?!
  • Eminem is not Lee Iacocca, but he makes a pretty good sell for Chrysler (and Detroit.)
  • Budweiser could probably make a movie with all the money they spent on costumes, sets, etc.  A commercial?  Not so much.
  • I don't care who you are...no one would trade a personal trainer like THAT for a pair of tennis shoes!
  • I need a Pepsi Max - not to drink, but to chuck at somebody - that just looks like too much fun! 
Perhaps that is the extent of what I learned this year.  Nothing earth-shattering; no new insights to apply to my job...but some rather enlightening information, none-the-less.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha, this sounds like a pretty good list of valuable information, at least the best you can get from Superbowl Comercials ;)
-Tabitha